Thursday, October 1, 2009

San Diego Premiere Pro User Group

With all the Final Cut Pro editors having user groups, I felt like it was about time for those of us who edit with something different (and dare I say...better?) to have a group.

With that in mind, I'm putting together the San Diego Premiere Pro User Group. I've received the blessing from Adobe, and I've set up a site you can visit to join and get updated information - http://groups.adobe.com/groups/370282e160/summary

My goal for the group is to expand the knowledge of we Premiere Pro editors, as well as form a network where we can all call on each other when we need help. I have to be honest - there aren't as many of us PPro editors out there, and we should do all we can to help each other out.

One thing I want to try and do every meeting is have a member show something they created, and talk about how they did it - show the workflow they used, how they used Premiere Pro (and After Effects, Photoshop, whatever...) to create their video. I've learned so much by listening to others talk about how they did things, how their creative process works, and how they efficiently used their tools.

So, for those of you who edit with Premiere Pro and live in the SoCal area, I hope you can make it. It should be a lot of fun, and I hope you can walk away from the meeting with some good tips for making your work better. And who knows - you may make some new friends.

The first meeting will be on October 29th at 7pm. For more information you can check the website, or just contact me. If you want to attend, please let me know so I can get an accurate head count. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment