Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Great Color Correction Video

I love...wait, let me try that again. I LOVE Red Giant. Never heard of Red Giant? Well, you should. Get to know them and their products. They make some of the best tools out there. I would never make it without Looks, Colorista, and Key Correct Pro (I'll be posting about that soon - promise!). That's just a short list of their great product line up.

Stu Maschwitz has done a great tutorial about matching the looks of Hollywood films using Looks and Colorista...wait, you haven't heard of Stu? Again, someone you may want to check out - www.prolost.com. Stu is the guy every indie filmmaker should check out. He started out at ILM (he was there when I was an intern there), and he now does his best to show how you can get Hollywood looks on a low budget. He just got hired on as a Creative Director at Red Giant so that can only mean great things in the future.

If you really want to improve your color correcting skills, I would encourage you to check out this tutorial. It's around 35 minutes or so, but it's really worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment